THE 2016 “WHAT’S YOUR STORY?” POSTER COMPETITION
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- PROMOTION DESCRIPTION: The 2016 “What’s Your Story?” Poster Competition (the “Competition”) begins at 12:00:00 AM Australian Eastern Standard Time (“AEST”) on September 1st, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (AEST) on November 27tht 2016 (the “Competition Period”). The Competition Period consists of an entry period that begins at 12:00:00 AM (AEST) on September 1st, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (AEST) on November 9th, 2016 (the “Entry Period”), a public viewing period that begins at 12:00:00 AM (AEST) on September 1st, 2016 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (AEST) on November 16th , 2016 (the “Public Viewing Period”) and a final judging period that begins on November 17th 2016 and ends on November 27th, 20156 (the “Final Judging Period”). The Competition provides entrants with the opportunity to create a poster and submit for consideration on the following topic:
This year’s theme is “What does the internet mean to you?”
Many of us think about, worry, and praise the way the Internet has impacted the world – for people young and old, for better or worse, now and in the future. But what do you think? What role does the Internet play in your life? What do you do differently because of it? How do you interact with others because of it? Can’t stand it? Can’t live without it? Are you indifferent to it?
Have an answer? Tell us your story! We want to know!
Be funny. Be dramatic. Be creative. Whatever you do, be real.
While you could possibly win one of our great prizes, we may also choose some of the most helpful and creative entries to include in a place online for the world to see.
Eligible submissions will be posted online for others to view and judge, as more fully set forth below. By participating in the Competition, each entrant (and as each entrant is a Minor (as such term is defined below), such Minor’s parent or legal guardian) unconditionally accepts and agrees to comply with and abide by these Official Rules and the decisions of Trend Micro Australia Pty Ltd (Trend Micro Australia Pty Ltd, Level 3, 2-4 Lyon Park Road, North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.) (“Sponsor”), which shall be final and binding in all respects.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Competition is open to individuals (“ Entrants“) in Australia, who are legal residents and five (5) years to twelve (12) years of age at time of entry. As entrant is under 18 (a “Minor”) then they must obtain their parent or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition. A Minor Entrant will be required to provide parental consent in a form satisfactory to the Competition Sponsor before he or she can enter the Competition. As any potential winner is a Minor, the prize may be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian, who will be required to complete such forms or releases as reasonably requested by Sponsor. Sponsor and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, distributors, retailers, sales representatives, advertising and promotion agencies and each of their respective officers, directors and employees (collectively, the “Promotion Entities”), and their respective immediate family members and/or those residing in the same household of each are ineligible to enter the Competition or win a prize.
HOW TO ENTER: To enter, visit the Sponsor’s website ‘whatsyourstory.trendmicro.com.au’ (the “Website”), complete the registration form found on the competition site with the information requested beginning September 1st, 2016, and follow the online instructions to upload and submit your poster (the “Submission”) directly to the Website. The theme selected for the Competition is:
“What does the internet mean to you?”
Each Submission that is entered into the Competition must meet the following “Submission Requirements” (any poster that, in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion, violates the following criteria will be disqualified):
(a) This entry category is only open to Entrants aged 5-12 years. No Entrant in this category may be 13 years of age or older at the time of entry.
(b) Posters uploaded online may be done so in the following file formats: .jpg, .gif, .tif, or .pdf
(c) Posters must be uploaded online but originals can also be posted to the following address: The “What´s Your Story?” Poster Competition, Attn: Ashley Millar, Trend Micro Australia Pty Ltd, Level 3, 2-4 Lyon Park Road, North Ryde NSW 2113 Australia.
(d) Posters must have been created manually and not by an automated script or software
Additional Submission Requirements
(a) All entries must be in the English language.
(b) Limit of one (1) entry per Entrant.
(c) Submissions must be received by the end of the Entry Period to be eligible for the Competition.
- PUBLIC VIEWING PERIOD AND FINALIST SELECTION: Once the Submission is uploaded to the Website and approved by Sponsor or its designee, it will be made available for viewing on the Website. Registered members of the Website will be invited to rate all of the Submissions based on a criteria of the most creative entry that reflects the theme of ‘your business is your business’ and at the end of the Public Viewing Period, assuming a sufficient number of eligible Submissions are received, the top ten (10) Submissions from Poster Entries (the “Potential Finalists”) will be determined based on the highest overall ranking. Entrants will be disqualified if automatic voting software and/or vote swapping websites are used in their favor. The Potential Finalists will be contacted by phone, mail or email at the Sponsor’s discretion on or about November 17th 2016 and must sign and return Trend Micro’s release and indemnity form (the “Finalist Documents”) prior to being declared a Finalist. If a Potential Finalist fails or refuses to sign and return all Finalist Documents within seven (7) days of notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), the Potential Finalist may be disqualified and if disqualified, an alternate Potential Finalist will be selected. As the Potential Finalist is a Minor, his/her Finalist Documents must be signed by his/her parent/legal guardian on his/her behalf. Sponsor shall have no liability for any Finalist notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by a Potential Finalist for any reason. If any Potential Finalist does not respond within the time required by Sponsor, or if the Potential Finalist notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to any Potential Finalist, such Potential Finalist will forfeit his or her Finalist status after seven (7) days and an alternate Potential Finalist will be selected. If any Potential Finalist is found to be ineligible, or if he or she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines his/her status as a Finalist for any reason, such Potential Finalist will be disqualified and his/her status as a Finalist will be given to the next highest scoring Submission.
- FINAL JUDGING PERIOD AND WINNER SELECTION: During the Final Judging Period, a judging panel comprised of representatives of the Promotion Entities and independent judges not associated with the Promotion Entities, (the “Judges“) will review the verified Finalists’ Submissions and select one (1) overall winner and two (2) runners-up winners from among all eligible Finalists’ Submissions. Judges and their respective immediate family members and/or those residing in the same household of each are ineligible to enter the Competition or win a prize. Employees, directors and/or officers of Judges, including of their associated organisations, are ineligible to enter the Competition or win a prize. The following judging criteria shall be used a) creativity (style, message delivery, execution, etc.) – 50%; b) appropriateness (on topic, etc.) – 25%; and c) effectiveness (clarity of message, persuasiveness, etc.) – 25%. Winners will be notified on or about November 28th2016 by Sponsor, whose decisions will be final and binding and not subject to challenge or appeal on eligibility determinations and all other matters relating to this Competition. Winner selection will be subject to Sponsor’s verification of Winners’ eligibility. Potential Winners will be notified by telephone, email and/or regular mail using contact information provided at the time of entry. Sponsor shall have no liability for any Winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the potential Winner for any reason. If any potential Winner does not respond after seven (7) days of notification (or a shorter time if required by exigencies), by Sponsor, or if any Winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a potential Winner for seven (7) days, such potential Winner will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate Winner will be selected based on the results of the aforementioned judging criteria. If any potential Winner is found to be ineligible or if he/she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason, such potential winner will be disqualified and the prize will be awarded to an alternate Winner based on the results of the aforementioned judging criteria.
- REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES/INDEMNIFICATION: Each Entrant that enters this Competition represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is the Entrant’s own original, previously unpublished, and previously unproduced work; (ii) the Submission does not contain any computer virus, is otherwise uncorrupted, is wholly original with Entrant, and as of the date of submission, is not the subject of any actual or threatened litigation or claim; (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; and (iv) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous. As Entrant is a Minor, each Entrant’s parent or legal guardian hereby agrees to (a) not hold the Promotion Entities responsible for, and (b) reimburse the Promotion Entities in relation to, any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of Entrant hereunder.
- GRANT OF RIGHTS: As Entrant is a Minor, each Entrant’s parent or legal guardian grants to Sponsor, and its respective designees, a non-exclusive, worldwide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub-licensable right to make use of the Submission and any person’s or other entity’s property (physical and personal and indicia) contained therein, in any media now or hereafter known, without any payment or other consideration of any kind, or permission or notification, to the Entrant or any third party. Sponsor reserves all rights, on a non-exclusive basis, including without limitation, the right to reproduce, record, alter, amend, edit, publish, publicly perform, use, broadcast, disseminate to the public and stream the Submission in connection with any and all media now or hereafter known throughout the world, in any and all media, now or hereafter known, in perpetuity, for no additional consideration. Without limiting the foregoing, Sponsor shall have the right, but not the obligation, to use the Submission in any merchandising, advertising, marketing, promotion or for any other commercial or non-commercial purpose, including, without limitation, the promotion and/or marketing of Sponsor and Sponsor’s products. As Entrant is a Minor, each Entrant’s parent or legal guardian forever waive and relinquish all so-called “moral rights” (droit moral) now or hereafter recognized and warrant that they have secured waivers of such rights from their Submission’s authors.
- PUBLICITY RELEASE: By participating in the Competition, in addition to any other grants which may have been given pursuant to any other agreement entered into between Sponsor and any Entrant in or Winner of the Competition, as Entrant is a Minor, each Entrant’s parent or legal guardian irrevocably grants the Sponsor and its designees and their respective successors, assigns and licensees, the right to use such Entrant’s name, likeness, biographical information and Submission in any and all media for any purpose, including without limitation, advertising and promotional purposes as well as in, on or in connection with the Website or the Competition or other promotions, and hereby release the Promotion Entities from any liability with respect thereto.
- PRIZES: Three (3) Prizes are available:
One (1) overall winner: Prize of $3000 AUD (to be awarded in the form of a cheque to the winner).
Two (2) runners-up: Prize of $1500 AUD each (to be awarded in the form of a cheque to the winner).
The total prize value of all three (3) Prizes awarded Winners is $6000 AUD.
The prize Winners shall be solely responsible for any required or applicable local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
- NO OBLIGATION TO USE: Sponsor shall have no obligation (express or implied) to use any Submission, or to otherwise exploit any Submission or, if commenced, to continue the distribution or exploitation thereof, and Sponsor may at any time abandon the use of the any Submission for any reason, with or without legal justification or excuse, and entrants shall not be entitled to any damages or other relief by reason thereof.
- FURTHER DOCUMENTATION: If Sponsor shall desire to secure additional assignments for the Submission or other documents as Sponsor may reasonably require in order to accomplish the purposes and intents of these Official Rules, then as Entrant is a Minor, each Entrant’s parent or legal guardian agrees to sign the same upon Sponsor’s request thereof.
- GOVERNING LAW/JURISDICTION: ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR SPONSOR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SWEEPSTAKES SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF NEW SOUTH WALES, AUSTRALIA.