Hello and welcome to this year’s “What’s Your Story?” Poster Competition. “What’s Your Story?” is an online youth campaign offering you a voice about the exciting opportunities and indeed challenges that we all face when we are online. If you do not accept these Rules, please do not enter the Competition.
- About the Rules
- By taking part in the Competition you are agreeing to these official rules set out on this and the following pages(“Competition Rules”).
- “Trend Micro”, “We” and “Us” mean Trend Micro Australia Pty Ltd, and we sponsor the “What’s Your Story?” Poster Competition.
- “You” means an individual who is a legal resident of Australia or New Zealand between the ages of 5 and 12 (inclusive) who wants or agrees to enter the Competition.
- About the Competition
- We run the Competition to raise awareness and educate our community about the risks, dangers and also the exciting opportunities available to us all when we are online. The Competition gives you the opportunity to create a poster (an “Entry”) and upload it to https://whatsyourstory.trendmicro.com.au/ (the “Website”).
- The Competition’s theme is “What does the good side of the internet look like? What good things do you see happening on the internet?
- Once we have checked that your Entry meets the Competition Rules we will post it online for others to view, comment on and rate. Entries with the highest number of views and ratings will become our Potential Finalists. A panel of independent judges will select the winning entries from the Potential Finalists
- Key Dates and Deadlines
- The opening date for uploading Entries is 3rd September 2018 and the closing date is 4th November 2018 (“Closing Date”).
- There will be a public viewing period when Entries can be viewed on the Website. On the Website, your Entry/the Entries can be rated and commented on by the public beginning on 3rd September 2018 and ending on 11th November 2018 (“Public Viewing Period”).
- The final judging period begins on 12th November 2018 and ends on 18th November 2018 (“Judging Period”).
- Who can enter the Competition?
- You must be aged 5 to 12 years of age.
- Parent’s consent required – as you are under 18 (a “Minor”), you must obtain your parent’s or legal guardian’s permission to participate in the Competition. Your parent or your guardian will receive an email asking for their consent. They need to respond to this email and give their consent before you can continue to enter the Competition.
- As any potential winner is a Minor, any prize may be awarded in the name of the winner’s parent or legal guardian. Your parent or legal guardian must agree and sign a legal release (“Release Agreement”) and/or any other document(s) that we reasonably request before you are entitled to any prize.
- Our employees or their families or anyone connected with the promotion or organisation of this Competition or their families are not allowed to enter the Competition.
- How to enter
From 3rd September, 2018, visit the Website and complete the registration process on the Website with the information requested and follow the online instructions to upload and submit your Entry directly to the Website before the Closing Date.
- Entry Requirements
Each Entry that is entered into the Competition must meet the following “Entry Requirements”:
- You promise that all information that you give us is true, accurate and complete in every respect and that you are eligible to enter the Competition.
- Your Entry must be your own original work and you must have permission to use any music or content that you did not create. Posters uploaded online may be done so in the following file formats: .jpg, .gif, .tif, Posters must be uploaded online but originals can also be posted to the following address: The “What´s Your Story?” Poster Competition, Attn: Ashley Millar, Trend Micro Australia Pty Ltd, Level 15, 1 Pacific Highway, North Sydney, NSW 2060 Australia.
- Posters must have been created manually and not by an automated script or software
- Entries must not be discriminatory, obscene, offensive or defamatory. You have no right to argue with our decision about this.
- Your Entry must be in English language.
- There is a limit of one Entry per Individual Entrant
- Entries must be received by the Closing Date. No substitutions of any Entry with new versions will be accepted under any circumstances once the original Entry is submitted for consideration.
- Entries which violate any of these requirements will be deemed ineligible to be included in the Competition and your Entry will be disqualified.
- We reserve all rights to disqualify you if your conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
- Keeping your data and publicity
- When you take part in the Competition, you provide personal information to us. By taking part in the Competition, you agree that we can hold and use your personal information to administer the Competition. Except as otherwise stated in these Competition Rules, personal information collected in connection with this Competition will be used in accordance with the Trend Micro Privacy Statement found on the Website and with the consent given by an Entrant at the time of entry.
- If you win, we can at no cost use your name, region of residence and photograph or likeness as part of the Competition for reasonable publicity in any form including on our Website and on social media.
- Each individual winner’s parent or legal guardian also consents to allow the winners to avail themselves for a publicity event within 30 days after the closure of Competition at such time and place as Trend Micro may arrange and you will not charge for your attendance at such an event unless you have made prior written arrangements with Trend Micro.
- Any communication or information forwarded to Trend Micro and/or transmitted to the Website is and will be treated as non-confidential.
- Ownership of your Entry and Copyright
- Copyright in your Entry and your right to be identified as the creator of your Entry remains with you. However, once your Entry has been submitted, it is important that we are able to use it for purposes connected to What’s Your Story?
- As a requirement of the Competition, you grant to us a permanent right to use your Entry throughout the world and royalty free without restriction or limitation, for all purposes in connection with this Competition and to promote Trend Micro. You acknowledge that such uses allow us to post it on the internet and social media, copy it, publish it, edit or adapt it and so on and you consent to such uses. You also allow us to grant the same rights to other carefully selected organisations so that they can use your Entry for educational purposes without seeking further permission from you.
- We promise that we shall never use your Entry for commercial purposes other than to market and promote Trend Micro without your prior written permission.
- Your Entry will not be returned.
The winning Entries will be those that are judged to be the most visually appealing, creative, effective, original and self-explanatory and captures the competition’s theme (‘Judging Criteria’).
There will be five (5) Regional Winners per age group. One (1) Regional Winner per age group from each of the regions below will receive a $1,000 cheque
- New South Wales and Australian Capital Territory
- Queensland and North Territory
- Victoria and Tasmania
- Western Australia and South Australia
- New Zealand
There will be one (1) Overall Winner who will receive a cheque for an additional $1,500.
One (1) School Winner. A prize of $1500 will be awarded to the school where the Overall Winner is studying (to be awarded in the form of a cheque to the school)
The total prize value of all twelve (12) prizes awarded to winners is $13,000
- Prizes will be awarded in local currency of the country in which the winners reside. If the winner resides in Australia, the dollar amount above shall be in Australian Dollars, and if the winner resides in New Zealand, the dollar amount above shall be in New Zealand Dollars.
- The prize Winners shall be solely responsible for any required or applicable local taxes, and the reporting consequences thereof, and for any other fees or costs associated with the applicable prize.
- Prizes will be paid in the form of a cheque or EFT payable to the parents or legal guardians of each winning Entrant following the execution and return of the Release Agreement.
- The Public Viewing Period and Selection of Potential Finalists
- After you upload your Entry, we will check it complies with the Competition Rules and if it does; we will approve it by return email. It will then be live on the Website and made available for viewing by the public during the Public Viewing Period. So make sure you tell your friends and family so they can take a look at your Entry.
- You and other registered members of the Website will be invited to rate all of the Entries during the Public Viewing Period. You will be disqualified if you use automatic voting software and/or vote swapping websites. You have a limit of one rating per member – per Entry.
- When the Public Viewing Period finishes, three entries from each of the 5 Regions will be chosen per age group, based on the combination of the number of views per Entry and the highest number of ratings (heart rating). These will be the “Potential Finalists”.
- If you are a Potential Finalist we will contact you (either by phone, mail or email). We expect that would happen in the week after the close of the Public Viewing Period.
- If you are chosen as a Potential Finalist, you will be required to sign and return the Release Agreement prior to being declared a Finalist. The Release Agreement requires you to confirm that the Entry complies with the Rules and also to formalise the agreement that gives us the right to use your Entry in accordance with these Competition Rules.
- As all Potential Finalists are Minors, the Release Agreement must be signed by your parent/legal guardian.
- If your parent or legal guardian does not sign and return the Release Agreement within three days of being formally requested, or if we don’t receive them within that time period for any reason you will be disqualified and forfeit your Entry and we will have no liability to you.
- If you have broken any of the Competition Rules you may be disqualified.
- If you are disqualified we will automatically select the next highest rated Entry as a Potential Finalist in your place.
- Before we can confirm any Potential Finalist we will need to verify your eligibility. If we decide someone is not eligible to be a winner for any reason, our decision will be final and binding and not subject to challenge.
- The Judging
- We will appoint a panel of Judges from the companies and/or any third parties that are supporting our What’s Your Story? Competition. The Judges will review the Finalist Entries during the Judging Period and select the winning entries as follows.
- Age 5 – 8 years category
- One (1) Regional Winner will be selected for each of the five (5) regions.
- Age 9 – 12 years category
- One (1) Regional Winner will be selected for each of the five (5) regions.
- The Overall Winner will be awarded to the highest scoring entry from both age categories
- The School Winner be awarded to the school the Overall Winner attends. The Judges will take account of your creativity (style, message delivery, execution, etc.) the appropriateness of your Entry (on topic, etc.) and how effective you have been in putting across your message. Of course, there is no right or wrong answer, so the Judges will be using their personal judgement. The Judges decision is final and not open for review or subject to challenge.
- We aim to notify the Winners in mid November 2018.
- We shall have no liability for any winner notification that is lost, intercepted or not received by the winner for any reason. If any winner does not respond within the time specified in the notification, or if any winner notification is returned as unclaimed or undeliverable to a winner, such winner will forfeit his/her prize and an alternate winner may be selected based on the results of the aforementioned Judging Criteria. If any winner is found to be ineligible or if he/she has not complied with these Official Rules or declines the prize for any reason, such winner will be disqualified and the prize may be awarded to an alternate winner based on the results of the aforementioned judging criteria.
- Right to cancel the Competition: We have the right to cancel the Competition or change the Prizes or Rules without notice and without liability to any entrant. In the event we do not receive enough Entries by the Closing Date or if we are prevented from awarding any prize(s) or continuing with the Competition as contemplated herein for any reason, we shall have the right to modify, suspend, or terminate the Competition.
- We may at our sole discretion disqualify you if you are found to be tampering or interfering with the entry process or operation of the website, or to be acting in any manner deemed to be disruptive of or prejudicial to the operation or administration of the Competition.
- Our decisions are final and we shall not open into any correspondence with any entrant concerning any aspect of this Competition.
- Other than for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, so far as is permitted by law, we exclude all liability for any loss, damage, cost and expense, whether direct or indirect, howsoever caused in connection with the Competition or in connection with your receipt and use of the Prize. You are entering this Competition at your own risk.
- In the event that any provision of these Competition Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these Rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision was removed.
- The Competition Rules and the Website Legal Notice (see home page of Website) represent the entire agreement between Trend Micro and each Entrant in relation to the Competition. The Competition Rules will survive to the extent of any conflict with the Website Legal Notice.
- These terms and conditions shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the law of New South Wales. Disputes arising in connection with this Agreement shall be subject to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the New South Wales courts.