Privacy and Security: Data Protection Notice
At Trend Micro, we take privacy & security seriously and we want you to know how the information you supply will be used. Trend Micro will comply with all applicable data protection legislation.
The information we collect from you on “[What’s Your Story]” (the “Competition”) helps us to determine competition eligibility, identify you if you are selected as a Competition finalist and to communicate with you about the Competition. We won’t sell any data that you supply on this Website and we won’t forward your data to anyone else.
Here’s what you need to know:
- the personal data you give us always belongs to you and never belongs to us
- we need information like your name, address and other contact information to see if you are eligible to enter, win a prize, and to get in touch with you if you are selected as a finalist
- so that means, if you want to register on the website or enter the Competition, you must give us some information about yourself
- you have a choice regarding what emails you receive
- by opting-in to emails from [“What’s Your Story”] you will have access to important updates about the Competition
- you also have an option to unsubscribe from such emails by following a link to opt-out on your email
- if you are under 18 we will ask your parent for permission
- we only keep your data as long as we need to use it
- If you are either a Winner, or you get an Honourable Mention, we will keep your contact details on our file so that we can keep in touch with you about your entry but we will erase non-essential information such as your date of birth
So, what information do we collect?
Registration – When you register online, we collect the following information to help log you in and identify you so that you can use this Website:
- First name
- Last name
- Email address
- Birth date:you need to be 5 years of age or older to register on our Website. If you are younger than 18 we will need your parent or legal guardian to decide whether to give us permission to have your personal data.
- Parent details: If you’re under 18, we also need your parent’s full name and email address
Competition entries: when you enter the Competition we ask you for extra information about you:
- If you enter as an individual we ask for your home address;
- Your phone number.
What data do we share and why?
We respect your data and promise that we only share personal data with organisations that comply with all applicable data protection regulations.
- Mailchimp – this is the platform we use to create and send emails, so if you sign up to receive communications from us (on our website), the email you receive will come from Mailchimp. We provide your name and email address, but no other information is shared with Mailchimp.
- Our What’s Your Story? web developer, who has access to the website data, and without whom none of this would be possible!
Erasure: If you want us to delete any of your personal data or if you have any questions about what data we hold, then Contact Us
What’s Your Story, Australia is operated by Trend Micro Australia Pty Ltd, L15/1 Pacific Highway, North Sydney NSW, Australia (“Trend Micro”).